Who Are We?
All around us the world is changing, getting a little brighter, and at the same time using less energy. You’re welcome!
You’ve seen our work in the warm glow of that nice restaurant, in the classrooms of your local college, in your doctor’s office, and at the hardware store. Did we mention the sports field where the band practices, the parking garage at the museum, or your township building? In fact, just about anywhere lighting is used, over the past forty years we helped them or their neighbors become more efficient. That’s right. We’ve been reducing carbon emissions, saving energy and helping become more sustainable before it was even a thing.
We are lighting upgrade experts with decades of successful lighting project experience. We provide services including energy audits, financial analysis and fixture upgrades. We dominate the sales and installation of energy management lighting controls in the region.
Our customer base ranges from small businesses trying to save money, to large hospitals, universities and Fortune 500 companies wanting cutting edge lighting technologies. We also support the utilities, distributors and engineering firms that serve these clients.
Who Are You?
You’ve got that nicely balanced left-brain and right-brain combination. On the strategic side, you can help create and develop business-to-business marketing approaches to generate leads for our sales team. On the execution side, you are comfortable making dozens of follow-up calls each day, as well as outbound cold calls and emails to potential prospects.
Let’s be clear. This is not a sales position. Our professional outside sales team handles that. This is marketing and lead generation. You are helping to identify clients who are interested in what we offer, and who want to speak with our sales team.
You are comfortable and patient when talking to people. Aside from prospects and leads, you will be speaking with our existing business customers and your teammates on a daily basis.
You are adept with technology. You read things carefully and pay attention to details (that is really important). You are organized and find yourself creating systems to save time, increase productivity, and become more efficient.
You like being part of a team and look forward to working everyday in a small office environment in Broomall, PA, where what you will do is so critical to the growth of our company, the owners of the company will be interviewing you personally.
What Will You Do?
Your typical day will cover a wide range of administrative tasks supporting our management, field sales, auditing, and installation teams. From answering phones and scheduling appointments to preparing proposal packages and database entry, you will be an integral part of the growth strategy for our small but well-respected company.
- Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts, identifying key players, and building rapport to generate interest in TSLE’s services
- Maintain an up-to-date CRM religiously, while expanding your database of prospects
- Provide technical information where required
- Assess what competitors are doing and adapt successful strategies to our benefit
- Be persistent in following up on potential sales opportunities
- Manage marketing emails to leads and prospects as well as direct mail and other reach-outs as necessary
- Consistently help us improve our sales and marketing process
- Strong phone presence and experience dialing dozens of calls per day
- Proven prospecting skills with inside sales experience
- Understands the Business-to-Business sales process, with past customer service experience
- Comfortable exploring and developing new techniques to help generate leads
- Collaborative team player who is focused, able to take initiative, work independently and handle multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, especially in Excel
- Committed to learning our industry and participating in educational opportunities (webinars, seminars, etc.)
Other Helpful Attributes:
- Four year degree with emphasis in business administration or a related field preferred
- Familiarity with Apple/Mac
- Interest in lighting, energy efficiency and savings, sustainability
If you have the skills and desire to own this position, please send your cover letter and resume to Careers@TSLE.com.
In your cover letter please let us know if your interest is full time or part time, and your salary requirements. Please attach documents as a Word doc or in PDF format. You will get bonus points if you include a brief description of your favorite app.
All candidates must pass a Drug Test, Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse clearance.
Tri-State Light & Energy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.