FT Bookeeper - Accounts Payable & Receivable - Central NJ
What's the job?
Be a part of our growth! Tri-State Light & Energy, Inc. (TSLE) is a single-source provider of energy solutions, bringing four decades of design-build experience from lighting and HVAC upgrades to performance contracting. TSLE provides energy solutions and implementation to small, medium, and large businesses.
We are looking for a skilled and reliable accounts receivable and payable specialist to join our accounting team.
As our bookkeeper, you will be responsible for collecting payments from our clients and vendors, as well as processing invoices and payments for our projects. You will also maintain accurate records of all transactions and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
Who Are You?
You are an organized and efficient accounts payable specialist with 3+ years of demonstrated experience maintaining accurate records and communicating efficiently with vendors.
You have a solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles, and you are proficient in accounting software and MS Office. You have a knack for numbers and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. You are responsible for the financial processing of transactions for the organization, including daily bookkeeping, record keeping, financial reporting and tax preparation. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and collaborating with other departments to ensure timely and accurate payment of invoices and bills.
What You'll Do
- Manage accounts receivable and payable using accounting software and other programs.
- Handle accounts receivable and payable for separate entities and vendors.
- Analyze workflow processes and suggest improvements.
- Communicate with clients and vendors to request payment and arrange payment plans.
- Collect payment from clients and vendors and accurately record it into the system.
- Create reports and balance sheets that document overall profits and losses.
- Update client and vendor accounts based on payment or contact information.
- Perform credit checks and background checks on new clients and vendors.
- Work closely with project managers and engineers to ensure timely and accurate billing and payment for energy efficiency projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in accounts receivable and payable, preferably in the energy efficiency industry.
- Proficient in accounting software, such as QuickBooks, Sage, or Xero.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and regulations.
- Excellent communication, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Stable employment
- Competitive salary
- 401K Program with matching contribution after one year
- Medical benefits
Resources on Staff
- Professional Engineer (PE)
- Energy Efficiency Certifications - CEM, EBCP, CEA, LEED
- Lighting and Electrical Professionals – LC
- Licensed Electricians – Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware
- DPMC Classified & Engineering Certificate of Authorization – New Jersey
Please email your Resume and Salary expectations to carers@TSLE.com. A well-written cover letter telling us how you could help us out would be nice, too. Please attach documents in Word or PDF format.
All candidates must pass a Drug Test, Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse clearance.
Tri-State Light & Energy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.